Business award finalists announced
The 140 nominees for the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce and TD Canada Trust 2011 Business 2011 Business Excellence Awards have been narrowed down to 47 finalists.
Winners will be announced at the Business Excellence Awards Gala on Oct. 22.
Tickets for the event are $115 and $95 for chamber members. They are available at the chamber office at 1290 West Trans-Canada Highway or online at kamloopschamber.ca.
• City of Kamloops Community Service Award: Canadian Tire, NRI Distribution and Telus;
• Venture Kamloops Resource Industry Award: Domtar, Douglas Lake Cattle Company and G&T Metallurgical;
• Berwick on the Park Service Provider Award, 1-10 Staff: 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, Conscientious Catering and Sandler Training;
• BC Hydro Power Smart Green Award, 10 staff: Crawford Electric Culture Care Landscaping and Windcor Power Systems Corp.;
•Kamloops Ford Lincoln Service Provider Award, 11+ staff: Chubb Edwards, Daley & Company andKamloops Convention Centre;
• RBC Green Award, 11+ staff: Nature’s Fare Markets, Ridgepointe at Pineview and South Thompson Inn and Conference Centre;
• Home Based Business of the Year Award: Kamloops Momma Magazine, Made with Love Delectable Edibles, Spark your Imagination and Uncle Chris the Clown;
• Aberdeen Mall Retailer Award, 1-10 staff: Hi-Tech Vacuums, Jardines Domaine and Lizzie Bits Baby Co.;
• BCLC Technology Innovator Award: AxiMech Technologies Corporation; Net Shift Media and Visual Statement;
• Underwriters Insurance Brokers Retailer Award, 11+ staff: Kamloops Harley Davidson, Petland and Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters;
• Tourism Kamloops and Tourism Sun Peaks Tourism and Hospitality Award: Bear Country Property Management Ltd., Best Western Kamloops Plus and Hotel 540;
• BDC Business Development Bank Manufacturer Award: Craig’s Bakery, Hytracker Manufacturing Ltd. and Scorpion Technologies Inc.;
• Excel Personnel Business Person of the Year Award: Peter Cameron-Inglis (Greater Than Technology), Mike Miltimore (Lee’s Music) and Natalie Peace (Booster Juice);
• Thompson Rivers University School of Business and Economics Young Entrepreneur Award: Ashley Gribble (Kamloops Urban Tailz Pet Care), Jennifer Harbaruk ( Lizzie Bits Baby Co.), Shawn Harnett (At Your Service Catering) and Michael Koehn (Mindteams Professional Support Services);
• Home Hardware First Nations Business of the Year Award: CSC Electric Ltd., Manny Tan and Salto Waterworks.