Miltimore wins top business award
Mike Miltimore of Lee’s Music was named Business Person of the Year at the 26th annual Kamloops Chamber of Commerce-TD Canada Trust Business Excellence Awards.
The President’s Award, given at the discretion of the chamber president, went to Rick Kurzac, owner of Home Hardware in Kamloops, at the sold-out awards dinner on Saturday, Oct. 22.
There were 272 nominations submitted representing 140 local businesses.
Winners were chosen by an independent committee except for the President’s Award and Business of the Year, which was decided by the chamber board and Community Futures Development Corporation.
Other winners included:
• Community Futures Business of the Year: NRI Distribution;
• Home Hardware First Nations Business of the Year: CSC Electric;
• Thompson Rivers University School of Business and Economics Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Shawn Harnett, At Your Service Catering;
• Aberdeen Mall Retailer Award (1 to 10 staff): Jardine’s Domaine;
• Underwriters Insurance Brokers Retailer Award (11-plus staff): Kamloops Harley Davidson;
• BDC Business Development Bank of Canada Manufacturer Award: Scorpion Technologies Ltd.;
• Tourism Kamloops and Tourism Sun Peaks Tourism & Hospitality Award: Best Western Plus Kamloops;
• BCLC Technology Innovator Award: Visual Statement;
• KGHM Ajax Mining Incorporated Home Based Business of the Year: Spark your Imagination;
• Berwick on the Park Service Provider Award (1 to 10 staff): 1-800-GOT-JUNK?;
• Kamloops Ford Lincoln Service Provider Award (11-plus staff): Daley and Company Chartered Accountants LLP;
• Venture Kamloops Resource Industry Award: Domtar;
• BC Hydro Power Smart Green Award (1 to 10 staff): Crawford Electric Ltd.;
• RBC Royal Bank Green Award (11+ staff): Ridgepointe at Pineview;
• City of Kamloops Community Service Award: NRI Distribution.