Honouring the best in business in Kamloops
Kamloops Ford Lincoln was named business of the year and Todd Stone of iCompass Technologies Inc. was named business person of the year during the weekend's 2012 Business Excellence Awards.
The 27th annual gala, sponsored by the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce and TD Canada Trust, was held at the Kamloops Convention Centre before a sold-out crowd of 385.
A total of 168 businesses received 244 nominations in various categories, with the winners of 16 of the awards chosen by an independent selection
Business of the year was chosen by the chamber board and Community
Futures, the award sponsor.
The President’s Award is given solely at the discretion of the chamber president and is awarded to someone who has made a difference in the community.
The 2012 Business Excellence Award winners:
• Excel Personnel Business Person of the Year: Todd Stone, iCompass
• Community Futures Business of the Year: Kamloops Ford Lincoln
• Home Hardware First Nations Business of the Year: Sun Ridge Equipment Ltd.
• Kamloops Business Magazine Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Krishna
Lakkineni, ROI Media Works
• Aberdeen Mall Retailer Award (1-10 Staff): Portfolio Interiors
• Underwriters Insurance Brokers Retailer Award (11+ Staff): Kamloops Ford
• BDC Manufacturer Award: Trout Creek International Homes
• Tourism & Hospitality Award: Scott’s Inn and Restaurant
• BCLC Technology Innovator Award: Netshift Media Inc.
• KGHM Ajax Mining Incorporated Home Based Business of the Year: TLC for
• Berwick on the Park Service Provider Award (1-10 Staff): Summit Gourmet
• Kamloops Lincoln Service Provider Award (11+ Staff): Kamloops Home
Hardware Building Centre
• Venture Kamloops Resource Industry Award: Highlands Irrigation Ltd.
• BC Hydro Power Smart Green Award 1-10 staff: Think Green Painting
• RBC Royal Bank Green Award 11+ staff: Stantec
• City of Kamloops Community Service Award: Canadian Western Bank
• President’s Award: Mel Rothenburger