Halloween haunts to happen by . . . the updated list!
We asked and you answered with a plethora of Halloween haunts that must be seen this spooky season. Keep the suggestions flowing and we will continue to run a list in the paper, online at kamloopsthisweek.com and on our Facebook page.
For those who love Halloween, here are a few places that have seasonal displays to enjoy:
• 633 and 649 Brentwood Ave. in North Kamloops, right behind the Fortune Shopping Centre.
• 1321 Ottawa Pl. in North Kamloops, across from Bert Edward science and technology school.
• 182 Waddington Dr. in Sahali.
Here are some locations that are hosting date-specific haunted houses:
• 1365 Columbia St. in downtown Kamloops, on Oct. 29. Oct. 30 and Oct. 31, from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted and directed to the Western Karate Academy Christmas Cheer fund that is distributed to local charities.
• Sakred Skin & Studio at 320 Victoria St. in downtown Kamloops is hosting a haunted house and haunted maze on Oct. 28.
The maze, which is geared toward families and children, will be open from noon to 4 p.m., while the haunted house will open its doors at 8 p.m.
• There will be a Halloween Haunt at 1124 Schreiner St. in Brocklehurst on Oct. 29, Oct. 30 and Oct. 31.
• 4938 Uplands Dr. in Barnhartvale is hosting a haunted house on Oct. 30 and Oct. 31, from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Donations to the food bank are accepted.
• NorKam secondary is hosting a Haunted House on Oct. 26 and Oct. 27, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. as a school fundraiser. Admission is by donation.
• A spooky Halloween romp will be held at the Holiday Inn and Suites in North Kamloops, 675 Tranquille Rd., on Oct. 31.
Children of all ages are invited to attend the hotel’s transformed function room between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
With the help of local North Shore businesses and Lee’s Music, the hotel has created a must-stop on an evening of trick or treating.
Staff from the library will tell spooky stories, while the A&W Root Bear will be out and about.
Starbucks and White Spot will also chip in with a cup of hot chocolate and treats.
This event is a fundraiser for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Kamloops, with donations appreciated.
• There will be a great Halloween display at 6225 Dallas Dr. on Oct 29, Oct. 30 and Oct. 31, from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Zombie fans will want to head to 638 Alberni Ave. in North Kamloops (behind Canadian Tire) on Oct. 31, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• The City of Kamloops is hosting the Fabulously Freaky Halloween Event at Memorial Arena, on Oct. 28 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This is a free event sponsored by Tim Hortons, the TRU WolfPack, the Kamloops Storm and the City of Kamloops.
Best costumes will win prizes.
• The Pond Country Market at 6231 Barhartvale Rd. is hosting a Halloween fundraiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation on Sunday, Oct. 28, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Only $40 gets you three images of your child in costume, a pumpkin and a hot chocolate. There will be plenty of fun and games, plus treats for the kids.
• There are plenty of mechanical creations at which to marvel if you swing by 358 Hollyburn Dr. in Sahali.
• 102 Fairview Ave. on the North Shore has fog machines, a coffin — and everything else that makes Halloween what it is.
Do you have a remarkable Halloween display trick or treaters simply must see?
Do you know of others we should be telling Kamloopsians about?
Let us know so we can let Kamloops know.
Send us your address and other locations and we will continue to publish a list in advance of Halloween.
Look for Haunted Halloween locations in KTW, online at kamloopsthisweek.com and on our Facebook page.
Email all information to email@example.com.