Home / Sports / Blazers / Former Blazers’ forward Bozon remains in induced coma in Saskatoon
Former Blazers’ forward Bozon remains in induced coma in Saskatoon

Former Blazers’ forward Bozon remains in induced coma in Saskatoon

Photo: Tim Bozon gets focused before a playoff game against the Victoria Royals on Vancouver Island in 2012 in his days playing for the Kamloops Blazers. Marty Hastings/KTW

Tim Bozon is still in an induced coma at Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon, his father, Philippe, told KTW on Monday, March 10.

Bozon, 19, a former member of the WHL’s Kamloops Blazers, was diagnosed with Neisseria meningitis and admitted to hospital on Saturday, March 1.

“They’ve been doing exams today (March 10) and, normally, we get a meeting every morning,” Philippe said.

“One minute it’s like this and one minute it changes. Right now, we cannot say anything.”

Philippe added he will make a statement when there is new information, perhaps on Tuesday morning (March 11).

The Blazers are asking fans to sign a banner for Bozon at the club’s final two home games of the season — on Wednesday, March 12, against Kelowna and on Friday, March 14, against Prince George. Both games will be played at Interior Savings Centre.

The banner will be sent to the Bozon family in Saskatoon.

Bozon was selected by the Blazers in the 2011 CHL Import Draft. He played 153 games over two seasons with the Blue and Orange, recording 75 goals and 169 points.

He was traded to the Kootenay Ice earlier this season.

Bozon was drafted 64th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 2012 NHL draft.

Philippe played in the NHL for the St. Louis Blues.

Recommend to a friend

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

CAPTCHA Image

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Scroll To Top