20 DAYS UNTIL THE GAMES BEGIN!
- Get your hands on a hot ticket
Tickets are on sale for the Games’ opening and closing ceremonies.
The opening ceremonies take place on Friday, Aug. 5, at 7 p.m., while the Games will close with a gala celebration on Sunday, Aug. 14, at 3 p.m.
Both events will take place at Interior Savings Centre and will include what Games’ officials are calling “a celebration of sport, regional diversities and First Nations culture.”
Included in the entertainment will be the Kamloops Rube Band, the Kate Morgan Band, mascots Sage and Marigold and the Games’ torch relay.
Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for seniors and children ages 12 and under and can be purchased at the Interior Savings Centre box office or at any Ticketmaster outlet.
- Games still need volunteers
The Western Canada Summer Games has managed to attract 1,300 volunteers, with the big event about three weeks away.
Still, about 700 more volunteers are needed in a few areas.
• Security: Volunteers who will have light duty-access control duties and will work with a partner.
• Food services – 1,500 box lunches are made every day and volunteers are needed to help with this daily for 10 days.
• Housekeeping: Volunteers are needed for light-duty housekeeping in the Athletes Village each day.
• Mission centre: Volunteers are required to staff the mission centre office in the Arts and Education Building at Thompson Rivers University.
To volunteer, visit the Games office at 262 Lorne St. or register online at 2011wcsg.com/volunteer.