For the second time this week, lottery players will be shelling out money in a bid to win money from the largest pool of cash ever in the Lotto Max lottery.
The Lotto Max draw on Friday, June 11, will have an estimated $120 million up for grabs — the $70-million jackpot and 50 $1-million prizes.
Those prizes will go to ticketholders matching all seven numbers between 1 and 50.
The $120 million in prizes exceeds the record $117 million in prizes that were part of the June 8 Lotto Max draw. The $70-million jackpot was not won on that day, with no ticket matching the winning numbers of 1, 9, 14, 24, 26, 37, 42.
However, 28 of the 50 prizes of $1 million were won as those tickets matched all seven numbers in those secondary draws. Two of those $1-million prizes were won in B.C.
About Lotto Max:
• Draws are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:30 p.m.
• Jackpots are between $10 million and $70 million.
• Cost is $5 for three selections of seven numbers
• $1 million Maxmillions prizes are offered when the main jackpot reaches and exceeds $50 million.
• Numbers are selected from 1 to 50.
• Odds of winning the main jackpot: 1 in 33,294,800 per $5 play.
• Overall odds to win a prize: 1 in 7 per $5 play.