Non-profit organizations and societies can apply for funding through the City of Kamloops’ social and community development grant program.
The funding can go to organizations working to improve the city socially or its livability.
Up to $30,000 in funding can cover operational costs, special projects, special capital expenditures or one-year seed money for a social enterprise initiative.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
• Address at least one priority of the Kamloops Social Plan and/or address at least one of the following areas of focus as identified in the council strategic plan under livability: arts, culture and heritage, health community, housing, inclusivity, places and spaces and safety;
• Adhere to principles of the Sustainable Kamloops Plan;
• Strengthen and enhance our community’s well being;
• Promote volunteering where appropriate;
• Address social and community issues and concerns;
• Improve community or agency capacity to meet specific social and/or community needs;
• Promote cultural understanding as applicable;
• partner with other service providers in the community;
• Be well publicized in the community;
• Occur within the City of Kamloops.
Applications are due by 8 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 15. They must be completed online via kamloops.ca/grants. Applicants will be notified in December.