The 33rd annual Business Excellence Awards were held this past weekend, with 17 awards handed out to the best of the city’s enterprises. The event was put together by the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce and accounting firm MNP.
Businesses were scored by an independent committee and finalists were interviewed to determine the winners.
This year’s winners are:
• Abbott Wealth Management Inc. — City of Kamloops Community Service Award;
• Kamloops Food Bank — Rocky Mountaineer Environmental Stewardship Award;
• Red Beard Cafe — Open Door Group Inclusive Workplace Award;
• Top 40 Woodworks Ltd. — BDC Manufacturer Award;
• Munden Ventures Ltd. — Domtar Resource Industry Award;
• Portfolio Interiors — Aberdeen Mall Retailer 1-10 Staff Award;
• Save-on-Foods, Sahali — Valley First A Division of First West Credit Union Retailer 11+ Staff Award;
• TasteFull Excursions Inc., Fit Financial Service Provider 1-10 Staff Award;
• Abbott Wealth Management Inc. — Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Service Provider 11+ Staff Award;
• Scorpion Technologies Ltd. — BCLC Technology Innovator Award;
• Divine Tours — Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Tourism and Hospitality Award;
• Horizon Dental — River City Nissan Employer of the Year;
• People in Motion — Kamloops Home Hardware Not-For-Profit of the Year;
• Mitchell Forgie, Red Beard Cafe — TRU School of Business and Economics Young Entrepreneur of the Year;
• Horizon Dental — Venture Kamloops Small Business of the Year;
• Jack Mendes, Top 40 Woodworks Ltd. — Excel Personnel Business Person of the Year; and
• Abbott Wealth Management Inc. — Community Futures Thompson Country Business of the Year.