A number of free community meals will be offered to those in need through the holiday season:
• On Christmas Eve, The Mustard Seed New Life Community will host a turkey dinner with trimmings at 181 West Victoria St. It will be served at 1 p.m.;
• Turkey and trimmings will also be served by JUMP and the Love Hard Kamloops Society on Christmas Day at 1 p.m. at The Mustard Seed New Life Community outreach centre, downtown at 181 West Victoria St. They are seeking volunteers and donations of money and turkeys and hams. Call 250-879-0465 for more information.
• Frenchie’s Poutinerie will offer meals on Christmas Day downtown at 340 Victoria St. The menu has yet to be determined, but food services will begin at 1 p.m.;
• A Hope for the Holidays dinner will be served at the Odd Fellows and Rebekahs Hall, at 423 Tranquille Rd. in North Kamloops, on Dec. 28 at 2 p.m.;
• Also on Dec. 28, St. Vincent de Paul, located at 168 Briar Ave. on the North Shore, will be hosting a year-end breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
If you know of additional community dinners held through the holidays, email firstname.lastname@example.org.