After being cut down by the pandemic over the past two years, the Hydra Festival, presented by Chimera Theatre, has returned, with four days left in the 10-day event.
In each year of the Hydra Festival, local acts bring innovative performances in comedy, theatre and the obscure.
This year, the festival runs through Saturday, May 14, with all events at The Effie Arts Collective, 422 Tranquille Rd.
The following shows are being performed between Wednesday and Saturday:
• The Freudian Slips comedy group will present a sci-fi/dungeons and dragons play on Thursday.
• Failure Party will present the interactive story and performance art piece The Squirrel Show, following Earl Casablanca, a professional squirrel tamer. Catch it on Thursday or at one of two performances, including a matinee, on Saturday.
• Lorne Street Playback will perform A Demonstration of Playback Theatre, where actors and musicians perform stories told by the audience. Select audience members will be welcomed on stage to tell their stories. It hits the Effie stage on Saturday.
• The Kamloops Players will present Make Believe by Gordon Smith on Friday. The play is a story of three friends in an apartment, with one writing a murder mystery that just so happens to use all of the roommates’ names.
• A family-friendly hypnotist known as Mr. Jackson will perform Saturday.
• M Is For Magic is the name of the show by magician Brad Finnen, who brings the laughs along with an exploration of human connection. Catch it on Saturday (matinee).
• Tamarack House Productions will present Sumthing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
For tickets and information on show times, search for Hydra Festival online at eventbrite.ca.