The AimCanada Mentorship Society’s Student-Business Mentorship Awards were handed out via an online gala event on March 26, produced by Mastermind Studios and hosted by Tara Holmes.
Winners were chosen from nominations in categories of Lifetime, Individual, Corporate, Student, Environment and Corporate Sustainability.
The AIMCanada Mentorship Society’s purpose is to engage more students during their undergraduate and graduate years and create an awareness in the student body on the benefits of career mentorship and mentoring others. The society also seeks to increase, support and recognize
corporate/business mentorship programs and individual mentors within the Thompson-Nicola-Cariboo region.
Recipients of the 2021 AIMCanada Student-Business Mentorship Awards:
• Kira Cheeseborough received the Student Peer Mentorship Award, nominated by Leann Kopytko;
• Anneke Spice received the Student Mentorship for Social Justice Advocacy Award, nominated by Dr. George M. Johnson;
• Sid Kandola and City Furniture received the Corporate Mentor Award, nominated by Mahesh Mohan;
• Kamloops Coun. Arjun Singh received one of two Environmental Mentor Awards, nominated by Amit Goel;
• Ross Styles received the second Environmental Mentor Award, nominated by Dr.George M. Johnson;
• General Grants Recycling Centre received the Outstanding Community Sustainability Mentorship Award, nominated by Cam Thomson;
• Former Kamloops councillor Patricia Wallace received the Lifetime Mentorship of Leaders Award, nominated by Arjun Singh;
• The late Katherine McParland was awarded the Lifetime Mentorship for Youth Homelessness Advocacy Award, which was accepted by Daniel Galbraith, nominated by Leann Kopytko.
Sponsors of the awards were Mastermind Studios, Adarsh Chawla of World Financial Group, Amit Goel of EXP Realty, Maurya’s Restaurant Bar and Banquet, Tara Holmes of Holmes is Where the Heart is Matchmaking, General Grants Recycling Centres, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce, North Shore, Business Improvement Association, Leann Kopytko and George Adregal.