The Kamloops Symphony Orchestra has laid out its 43rd season for 2019-2020 — and among the works of revered classical composers are plans to pay tribute to a classic American rock band.
The season, which runs from September to May is divided by pops and classical orchestras and is presented by two main sponsors.
The Noran Masterworks series will feature eight performances at Sagebrush Theatre.
- Romantic Elements, featuring violinist Timothy Chooi and the work of Salmon Arm composer Jean Ethridge, on Sept. 28,
- Amor! with guitarist Thierry Bégin-Lamontagne on Nov. 16,
- Christmas with the KSO, featuring the Quartom Vocal Quartet on Dec. 14,
- An Evening at the Opera, featuring baritone Micah Schroeder and the KSO Chorus on Jan. 11, 2020,
- For the Love of Clara, featuring Linda Ruan on piano on Feb. 8, 2020,
- Heroes and Heroines, with Elyse Jacobson on violin and Breanne Jamieson on French horn, on March 7, 2020,
- Luminous Voices, with soprano Magdalena How, baritone Philip Wing and the KSO Chorus on April 11, 2020 and
- A Sense of Wonder, featuring Jaeden Izik-Dzurko on piano and soprano Sydney Frelick on May 2.
Running concurrently is the Kelson Group Pops series, which is co-sponsoring An Evening at the Opera and Amor!, presenting a second performance of Christmas with the KSO on Dec. 15, and adding The Music of Chicago featuring guest artist Brass Transit on Oct. 25 and Oct. 26 at Sagebrush Theatre.
The Salmon Arm Series will take KSO performances on the road to the Shuswap city, presenting A Sense of Wonder on May 3, 2020, Heroes and Heroines on March 6, 2020, and Romantic Elements on Sept. 27.
The symphony’s educational concerts this year will happen on Oct. 25, with Are You Scared of Classical Music? being presented and on Jan. 11, 2020, with Music in Four Seasons. Both will be at Sagebrush Theatre.
Ticket sales will begin Monday, available at the Kamloops Live box office at 1025 Lorne St. or by calling 250-374-5483.