There have been 820 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C. from Thursday, Sept. 9, to Friday, Sept. 10, along with nine deaths.
Of the 820 new cases:
• 264 new cases are in Fraser Health, which has 1,750 active cases;
• 253 are in Interior Health, which has 1,828 active cases.
• 112 are in Vancouver Coastal Health, which has 938 active cases;
• 101 are in Northern Health, which has 782 active cases;
• 90 are in Island Health, which has 539 active cases.
The nine new deaths bring to 1,856 the total number of people in B.C. who have died as a result of COVID-19. Of the nine deaths, three were in Interior Health, three were in Vancouver Coastal Health, two were in Northern Health and one was in Island Health.
There are 5,850 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, with 281 people in hospital, of whom 135 are in intensive care.
As of Sept. 10, 85.5 per cent (3.96 million) of eligible people ages 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78 per cent (3.6 million) have received their second dose.
The most recent weekly case total data of 4,661, from Sept. 2 to Sept. 8, is broken down thusly:
• Not vaccinated: 3,252 (69.8 per cent)
• Partially vaccinated: 402 (8.6 per cent)
• Fully vaccinated: 1,007 (21.6 per cent)
The most recent past two weeks case total data of 358 hospitalized, from Aug. 26 to Sept. 8, is broken down thusly:
• Not vaccinated: 292 (81.6 per cent)
• Partially vaccinated: 18 (five per cent)
• Fully vaccinated: 48 (13.4 per cent)
Since December 2020, the province has administered 7,583,999 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.