An evacuation order has been issued for properties northwest of Clinton, due to the Flat Lake wildfire burning in the area.
The order affects 125 properties, including:
• 2340 to 4415 Big Bar Rd;
• 2760 and 2769 Dog Creek Rd;
• 1876 to 1948 Lake Dr;
• 2920 Little Big Bar Rd;
• 1792 to 2264 Marriot Rd;
• 3380 to 3600 Meadow Lake Rd;
• 3629 to 3645 Sharptail Rd; and
• any other properties located within the area noted within the area outlined by the Thompson Nicola Regional District.
Anyone in that area is asked to leave immediately.
Those who have been evacuated from their primary residence should report to the Lake City Secondary School, located at 640 Carson Dr. in Williams Lake. It is open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Those who are able to stay with friends or family may access meals and other necessities from emergency support services.
Meanwhile, an evacuation order North of Kamloops Lake was partially downgraded on Thursday evening for the Sparks Lake Wildfire. Seven properties were downgraded to an evacuation alert, including:
• 1280 to 2245 Copper Creek Rd;
• 2040 to 3672 Sabiston Creek Rd;
• 7788 to 7821 Savona Station Rd; and
• any other properties identified on the attached map.
In addition, an evacuation order near Ashcroft was partially downgraded on Thursday to an alert for the following properties:
• 3165 Barnes Lake Rd to 3820 Barnes Lake Rd;
• 2315 Hwy 97C to 2345 Hwy 97C;
• 4020 Studhorse Rd;
• 4380 Y D Ranch Rd to 4499 Y D Ranch Rd; and
• and any other properties located within the area noted on the attached map.
For an up-to-date map on evacuations, visit the TNRD's evacuation status dashboard.