The number of businesses closing indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic grows by the hour, so KTW has turned its attention to businesses that remain open, but under altered operating hours and conditions. If you are planning on visiting a specific store, call ahead.
For a list of events that have cancelled and businesses that have closed temporarily, click here.
Kamloops company Two Story Robot has compiled a list of some restaurants that are open for delivery takeout, or both. Click here for more information.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a list of North Shore businesses that remain open in some form. The North Shore Business Improvement Associaiton also has a list of COVID-related resources. Click here for that information.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a list of downtown Kamloops businesses that remain open in some form. The Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association's list can also be found here.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to see an updated list of stores in Aberdeen Mall that remain open.
If you are aware of other businesses that remain open under altered conditions, email email@example.com:
• The Thompson Rivers University Community Legal Clinic continues to operate. The clinic has 10 law students and three supervising lawyers available to assist low-income clients with their legal issues, free of charge. Clients can 778-471-8490 to determine eligibility and to assess the best method for safe delivery of services.
• Soul Stones, a metaphysical crystal supply store downtown at 231 Seymour St., are offering curbside pickup of orders. Hours of operation are based on curbside orders received. Call 778-921-0303. Soul Stones can also be contacted via its Facebook and Instagram pages.
• Scott’s Inn and Restaurant, at 551 11th Ave. downtown, is offering pickup and delivery exclusively by Kamloops-based Mitchie’s Deliveries. Hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. Call 250-372-8221.
• Westsyder Pub is open for takeout as of May 13, seven days a week, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call 250-579-5615.
• Chapters Kamloops, which is in the Aberdeen Village centre at Pacific Way and Hillside Drive, has curbside pickup of orders available, Mondays through Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. All orders must be placed online at indigo.ca. Customers can also call the store Mondays through Saturdays from noon to 5 p.m. if they have questions.
• While All Around GamerZ Virtual Reality Arcade, in Aberdeen Court across from Aberdeen Mall, has its storefront closed to the public, the company is still performing computer and VR hardware sales, repair and upgrade services. Those interested can call 778-220-1869, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at https://allaroundgamerz.com.
• Chapters Kamloops, in the Aberdeen Village shopping centre at Pacific Way and Hillside Drive, now has curbside pickup available Mondays through Saturdays, from noon to 5 p.m. All orders must be placed online at indigo.ca. Customers can also call the store at 250-377-8468 if they have any questions.
• Healthylife Nutrition in Sahali Mall is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 250-828-6680.
• City Furniture, at 1350 Hillside Dr. in Dufferin, and Ashley Homestore, at 1663 East Trans-Canada Hwy. in Valleyview, are both open Mondays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call City Furniture at 250-372-7999. Call Ashley Homestore at 250-372-7000.
• Consignor Sports re-opened on May after being closed for more than a month. All Health Canada recommendations will be followed. The store at 789 Notre Dame Dr. in Southgate is open Mondays to Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Consignor is closed on Sundays. Call 250-372-0199.
• Look Out Landscaping services both Kamloops and Chase. Its crews are adhering to strict guidelines on physical distancing and sanitizing while still maintaining properties. Office hours remain 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. Call 250-376-2689 or email email@example.com.
• Masons Kitchen & Bar at 1000 Clubhouse Dr. in Sun Rivers is open for takeout. Its website is at https://www.restaurantji.com/bc/kamloops/masons-kitchen-and-bar-/. Call 250-828-9404.
• The Sahali location of Little Caesar's Pizza, at 2-1380 Summit Dr., is open for takeout and delivery. It is open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Call 250-314-6665
• Kamloops Volkswagen remains open, following all government protocol related to COVID-19. The dealership is at 2483 East Tras-Canada Hwy. in Valleyview. Its sales department is open Mondays through Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Its parts and service department is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 250-374-3000.
• Anderson's Sewing, at 151 Victoria St. downtown, is open Mondays through Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 250-374-1154.
• Emsland & Associates Insurance Setrvices Ltd., in the City View Shopping Centre at Hillside Way and Rogers Way, is open for insurance needs by phone, Mondays through Saturdays, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 250-828-2248.
• Noran Printing, at 4-1413 McGill Rd. in the McGill industrial area, remains open under reduced hours. Noran is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is asking any new orders be placed via email or telephone. Noran will also arrange pick-up and delivery of orders. Staff will be monitoring all emails remotely. Call 250-372-1055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Toys R Us and Babies R Us, at 100-500 Notre Dame Dr., is open under limited hours for contactless, curbside pick-up only. Online orders can be placed any time for collection at the Kamloops store and can be picked up daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There are associates available by phone to assist with the online orders and to advise on products. Call 250-851-8250.
• Access Picture Framing and Art Supplies Management, at 3-2160 Flamingo Rd., remains open, but is asking those sending someone to pick up or drop off art pieces to call first so staff are aware of the authorization. Access said its staff have been directed to clean their hands regularly as they touch items during the time they attend to customers. Call 250-851-3638.
• Sage Sport Institute is open, but conducting virtual visits only. Staff is answering phones between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Call 250-314-5000 for details.
• Carlos O'Bryan's, at 357 Victoria St., is open for takeout and delivery. Call 250-374-4113.
• Maritime Travel, at 210-1210 Summit Dr., remains open. Call 778-471-5668 or email email@example.com for more information on business hours and services.
• General Grants South Shore bottle depot, at 1395 Battle St., has re-opened and its hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays until further notice. It is the General Grants location that sorts bottles and cans for the customers. Customers are asked to wait in their vehicles and will be directed to the counter when it is their turn in line. Those with large orders — such as pickup trucks full, bottle drives and more than a few large bags — are asked to bring smaller amounts at a time to avoid being turned away.
The Battle Street location only accepts ready-to-drink beverage items and electronics. It does not accept regular recycling, glass jars, plastic bags, cardboard or bottles without labels. Call 250-377-7544 for more information.
• Due to the pandemic, Kamloops Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centre is not providing in-clinic, in-person physiotherapy, massage therapy or kinesiology. However, its phones remain open and the clinic continues to support its patients and the people of Kamloops. It is offering virtual tele-rehabilitation physiotherapy and kinesiology appointments. This includes assessment, exercise prescription, education and teaching self-treatment techniques using video conferencing similar to Skype or Facetime. Call 250-314-0788.
• Nandi’s Flavours of India, at 610 Columbia St. W. in Sahali, is open for takeout. Hours of operation are Tuesdays through Sundays from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Call 250-374-0340.
• Masons Kitchen and Bar at Sun Rivers is open for takeout. Call 250-828-9404 for information on operating hours.
• The M&M Food Market at 3-724 Sydney Ave. is open Mondays to Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 250-376-4424.
• Red Collar Brewing has set up an online store at www.redcollar.ca and is offering local delivery or off-sale pickup.
• The Bamboo Inn in the Brock Shopping Centre is open for delivery and takeout. Weekday hours are 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.. Saturday hours are 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday hours are 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call 250-376-3386.
• Although the 4 Cats Studio's downtown storefront studio is closed to the public, the art studio is selling supplies and offering online workshops and its spring session for young artists. Information on online workshops can be found here: https://forms.gle/NrRev8U5BFxogjpq9. Information on the online spring session for kids can be found here: https://4cats-shop.com/products/spring-session-online-class.
• Cash Stop Loans, at 7-724 Sydney Ave., is open with reduced hours. The store helps clients with no identification or bank accounts get cheques cashed. Cash Stop Loans is open Mondays to Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Fridays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 250-376-8787.
• While the All Aboard Games storefront at 238 Lansdowne St. is closed, it remains open for orders and offers free delivery within Kamloops, Mondays to Fridays. Payment accepted includes etransfers, debit card and credit card. Call 250- 377-0745.
• Andrena's Book Company, at the corner of Columbia Street and McGill Road (right behind Superstore) is open Tuesdays to Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The store also offers curbside pickp and deliveries. Call 250-851-2665.
• Newell Flower Shop, at 357 Fourth Ave., is still open and making contactless deliveries. Orders can be placed by phone at 250-374-4402 or 1-800-661-4161 or online at newellflowershop.com. Newell Flower Shop has operated downtown since 1938.
• Oriental Gardens restaurant at 545 Victoria St. is open for takeout and delivery, Tuesdays to Sundays, from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Call 250-372-2344.
• Many stores are offering special shopping hours for seniors, those with disabilities and frontline workers in the fight against COVD-19. London Drugs has reserved the last hour of its shopping day for all health-care workers and first responders working during the COVID-19 pandemic — Sundays from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Mondays through Saturdays from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Save-On-Foods opens daily from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for seniors and those with disabilities and changing its regular hours, opening its doors to everyone else from 8 a.m to 8 p.m. Superstore has reserved the 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. hour each Tuesday and Friday for seniors and those with disabilities and has also lowered prices on home-delivered goods and eliminated fees for delivery and pick up. Shoppers Drug Mart is now reserving the first hour of shopping in the morning for seniors and those with disabilities (check each store for hours of operation) and is also offering the 20 per cent Seniors Day discount on regular-priced items for the first hour each day, every day.
• Legends Used Books in Dufferin is open Mondays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and offers a Words on Wheels delivery service for those who are self-isolating and can’t make it out to buy some books. Details are on the bookstore’s Facebook and Instagram pages. Call 250-377-8793.
• While Tumbleweed Toys is closed to in-store shopping, it has transitioned to online shopping and phone orders. Tumbleweed offers parking lot pick-up at the shop (Columbia Street and Summit Drive) or free delivery within Kamloops. Call 250-372-3500.
• Both Chopped Leaf locations (in the Summit Shopping Centre at Columbia Street and Notre Dame Drive and in Northills Centre in North Kamloops ) are open daily from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. via take-out, online ordering, Skip the Dishes and Door Dash. Call 250-554-2467 (North Shore) or 250-851-2467 (South Shore).
• Kamloops Costco is among many stores in Kamloops offering exclusive shopping hours for seniors and those with disabilities. At Costco, it runs from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Mondays through Fridays for those ages 60 and older.
• Cleanway Supply, at 1461 River St., remains in operation, Mondays to Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but its doors are locked to the public. The company is taking orders by phone, but prefers that only current accounts, first responders and support organizations contact them at this time due to a limited stock that needs to be rationed for organizations on the front lines. Call 250-374-1948.
• Kamloops Dodge and its sales and service departments remain open, with service open weekdays. The dealership is at 2525 East Trans-Canada Hwy. Call 250-800-2716.
• Big Don's Super Pawn at 345 Tranquille Rd. remains open. Call 250-376-8829
• Interior Locksmith at 1346 Battle St. remains open and at full capacity as it considers itself an essential service. Call 250-374-5625.
• Sherman Williams paint store in the Walmart plaza remains open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sundays. Call 250-372-7818.
• Canadian Tire Corporation has reduced hours at its retail Canadian Tire stores and closed its Sport Chek, Atmosphere and Mark's stores until at least April 2. Call 250-376-2013 (North Shore) or 250-374-9747 (South Shore).
• Many restaurants have transitioned to take-out service only, including C-Lovers, Mino’s, Original Joe’s, McDonald's, Tim Hortons, Peter Pasta, White Spot, Starbucks, Earls, Moon Wok, Sushi Valley, Boston Pizza, Browns Socialhouse, Krob Krua Thai, Bright Eye Brewing, Moxies and others.
• The PIT Stop, a weekly event at Kamloops United Church downtown that sees volunteers cook food on Sundays and serve the needy, has ceased operations until further notice.
• Kamloops dental offices are available for emergency calls only.
Updated store status in Aberdeen Mall as of April 23, 2020:
Open: Best Buy, Dolson’s Source for Sports, Kamloops Cell Repair, H&R Block and Aberdeen X-ray and Ultrasound Clinic, all with varying hours of operation.
All other stores are closed.
North Shore Business Improvement Association list of businesses that remain open:
A&W – Open for drive through.
Bright Eye Brewing – Pre-order, delivery or pick up only. www.brighteyebrewing.com
Canadian 2 for 1 – Pick up or Delivery. 250.554.6999
Chopped Leaf – Order online, 5$ off online, free delivery, kids eat free. https://www.choppedleaf.ca/covid-19/
C-Lovers – Takeout Only – https://c-lovers.com/in-the-community/covid-19-update-2020-03-20/
Craigs Bakery – Open for take out. Call to reserve your take out order. 250.376.1117
Dairy Queen – 10:00 am to 11:00 pm, Drive through.
Denny’s – Drive through 7:00am to 11:00pm 250.554.4480
Edo of Japan – Open -take out or Delivery. https://www.edojapan.com/order/. 236.421.0028
Gary’s Europeon Deli – Monday to Sat 10:00am to 5:00pm
Gyldis Pizza – 15% off first order. www.gyldispizza.com
Hatsuki Sushi – Pick up or Delivery. 250.376.8815
Jamaican Kitchen – Pick up or delivery only. 250.376.1970
Kami Pizza – Pick up or delivery. 250.554.0550
Little Ceasars – Pick up and delivery, on-line ordering. 250.376.9989. www.littlecaesars.ca
Mary Brown’s Chicken – Pick up, drive through or delivery. 250.421.4223
Mcdonald – Open for Drive through.
Moon Wok – Pick up or Delivery. www.moonwok.ca. 778.470.5789
Nara Korean & Japanese – Pick up only. 778.470.5666
Panago Pizza – Delivery, Pickup. www.panago.com 310.0001
Papa Johns Pizza – Open Daily Noon till 10pm. https://www.papajohns.com/order/menu 250.376.2227
Pizza Hut – Pick up or delivery. https://www.pizzahut.ca/home 250.376.6442.
Red Swan Pizza – Pick up or Delivery. 778.470.2200
Senior Froggy – Pick up or Delivery. 250.554.2055.
Sorriso Ristorante – 10:30 to 4:30. pick up only. 250.376.3421
Spice Indian Cuisine – Open 4:000 – 9:00 pm. Take out or delivery. www.spicekamloops.com. 250.376.4444
Sunmei Bubble Tea – Open for pickup. 778.470.3874.
Syros pizza, steak spaghetti. Pick up or Delivery. 250.376.1224
Tim Hortons – Drive through, Pick up. www.timhortons.ca.
Watercress Vietnamese – Closed.
Brock Center Liquor – Open.
Cains Independent Grocers – Open 7:00 am to 8:00 for seniors / 8:00 to 8:00.
Nu Leaf Green Grocers – Open. 9:00am to 8:00pm
Safeway – Open – 7:00 – 8:00 for seniors / 8:00 – 10 pm.
Save-on-foods – Open – 7:00 am to 8:00 am for seniors / 8:00 to 9:00 pm
Tranquille Market corner store – Open. 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.
B&L Small Motors – Open, Call ahead. 250.376.0033
Brock Auto – Open. 250.376.6737
Capri CMW Insurance – Vistal Appointments only. 250.376.2281
Cash Stop Loans – Open. 250.376.8787
Drake Funeral Services – By appointment. 250.377.8225
Easy Financial – Phone appointments only. 778.644.0698
Holiday Inn – Open.
Horizon Dental – Closed
IDA North Shore Pharmacy – Open 9:00am – 5:30pm / Saturday 9am to 1pm / Sunday 9am to 10am. 250.376.9991
Integra Tire – Emergency only. 250.828.9294
Jaxsen Pacific – Open Monday to Firiday 8:30am to 5:30pm, Sat 10:00am to 4:00pm
Lordco – Open. 8:00 am to 6 pm / Sat and Sun 9am to 5:00pm
Manshadi Pharmacy – Open 9:00 – 5:30 / Sunday 9am to Noon. 250.434.2526
Norkam Lock and Cycle – Open. 250.376.7822
Norkam Mechanical group – Heat and AC – Open. 250.851.6802
T&M Bookkeeping – Virtual appointments. 250.572.6603
Western Restaurant supplies – Open by Appointment only. 250.819.4089
Animal House – 10am to 5:00 pm. Pre-order and pickup. 250.376.1142
Brazilian Dog Guru – Open.
Central Animal Hospital – Open by appointment or online consult. 250.376.7208
K9 Designz – by Appointment only. 250.554.9217
Paws and Tails Grooming – Closed
Total Pet – Pre-order and Pick up. http://totalpet.ca/. 250.376.7922
Tranquille Rd. Animal Hospital – By appointment. 250.376.6797
AB Car Sales – Open by appointment. http://abcarsales.com/ 250.376.2112
Adultz – Open 10:00 am -10:00 pm. 250.554.7399
Blossoming Buds – Open. 5% off all order. www.blossomingbudscannabis.ca 250.312.2661.
Canadian Tire – Open.
Country Auto Sales – Open by Appointment – 250.554.5450
Desert Pools and Spa – Delivery Only – 250.554.4438
Dollarama – Open 9:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Dollartree North Hills – Open M-Sat 9:00am to 7:00 pm, Sun 9:00 am to 6:00pm.
Dunrite Auto Detailing – Open by appointment. 250.320.4047
Findlays Vacuum – Online shopping, Appointments required for in-person shopping. https://www.findlayskamloops.com/home
Fix Auto Collision Center – Open by Appointment. 250.376.8244
Heathers Fabric Shelf – Closed – Appointment only. 250.376.7630
HotWheels – Hot Deals – Open. 778.470.3339
Interior Crafts and Hobby – Open. 250.376.2052
Lemonade Stand – Open 10:00am – 10:00pm. Call ahead for pre-ordering. 250.554.1501
Lo-Boy Market – 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. No Tax. 250.318.1880
Sippers Winemakers – Closed – Call for assistance. 250.554.9463
The Shore Cannabiz Store – Pre-order and Pick up. 250.376.5242
Downtown Kamloops list of businsesses:
Temporary Closures until further notice:
Afternoon Auxiliary RIH
Boldersyde Custom Tattoos
Cocoa Dot Cakes (can contact via Instagram, Facebook & Email)
Cordo Resto + Bar
Dorian Greek House
Far & Wide BC (can contact via Instagram)
First Comes Love
Forno on 5th
High Maintenance Beauty Salon
Kamloops Brow & Beauty Bar
Kennell’s Shoes Ltd. (Curbside Pickup & Mail orders)
Life Ink Tattoo
Moxie’s Grill & Bar
Mystic Moon tattoos
Nicola Eye Care Optometrists
Passek’s Classics Cafe & Catering
Red Wing Shoes
Roving K-9 Kare
Second Chances Thrift Store
The Art We Are Café
The Golden Buddha
The Noble Pig Brewhouse
Blue Sky Clothing
Castles & Ciao Bella Boutique
Jardines Domaine (Special offers for healthcare workers)
Mainstreet Kamloops (Special offers for healthcare workers)
McAllister & Howard Clothiers
Modern Family Boutique
Take Out & Delivery Food:
ahhYaY Wellness Café
Booster Juice -Take out only
Boston Pizza – Free delivery and 15% on take-out and pickup
Caffe Motivo – take-out, pick-Up for Coffee beans, and online catering
Casa Azul – 4 PM – 8 PM Call 778-471-6364
Di Muzio Ristorante – 15% discount on Pickup and Delivery through Mitchie’s
Eden Bento Café – Take out only
Freshslice Pizza – pick-up, delivery 11 AM – PM with 20% on P/U. Free Contactless Delivery for orders over $30
Jacob’s Noodle & Cutlet – 12 PM – 8 PM
Kelly O’Bryan’s – 40% off take-out orders to all health care workers
Maurya’s – Online order through mauryascusine.com or FREE delivery. Call 250-377-4969
Mittz Kitchen – 20% discount on takeout. Mon-Sat 12 PM – 7 PM; Sun 4 PM – 7 PM for takeout (new menu). Also serving bottled beer and wine.
Red Collar Brewing – Call on 778-471-0174 for delivery
Senor Froggy – 250-554-2055 or senorfroggy.ca
Smorgasboard Deli – Take out & delivery only. Frozen meals available. 7:30 – 530 Mon to Fri; 730 – 5 Sat
Terra Kamloops – Call 3 PM – 4 PM to place orders. Only E-transfer accepted. New Menu.
The Coconut – 11 AM – 5.30 PM Mon to Fri. Delivery through Mitchie’s
Starbucks (As well as Take out)
Tim Hortons (As well as Take out)
Amplified Cafe – 9 AM – 3 PM (Selling Coffee beans for homebrews; free delivery)
Big Boot Inn – Mon- Fri 10 AM – 5 PM – Only one person at a time. Call before.
4Cats Art Studio – Open for Online orders as well as Spring Session Classes Online.
Swiss Pastries – No Cash Payments
Grocery and Pharmacies
Kipp-Mallery Pharmacy – Offering free delivery and Pick up
Nightingale Medical Supplies – pick up and delivery; call 250-377-8844
Save-On-Food – 8 AM -8 PM to all public; 7 AM – 8 AM to Seniors and those with disabilities
For Wellness Needs
During these times there are higher levels of stress, worry, and anxiety for some. With social distancing, there can be a feeling of disconnection and isolation. There can be financial difficulties and an inability to access counseling services.
Barre Kamloops (Virtual Classes)
Healing Spaces – Free Virtual Community Connections every Tuesday & Thursday starting 24th March, and taking new clients and can be reached through email or phone for an appointment.
K-Spin Studio (Virtual Classes)
Seasons Health Therapies is open and offering telehealth services.
SKIN Kamloops – 20% OFF – email or call to place an order and receive free shipping or curbside delivery