The Central Interior chapter of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association handed out the 2019 Keystone Awards of Housing Excellence on the weekend.
The black-tie gala event was held in Thompson Rivers University’s Grand Hall on Saturday, with about 300 people in attendance.
This year’s master of ceremony was former Kamloops mayor and former provincial minister of health Terry Lake.
Sean Watson, a magician who performs at venues such as MGM Grand Casino and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, entertained the audience before the awards program.
“Congratulations to all the winners. We are pleased that the event has grown, both in nominee submissions and in attendance,” said CHBA Central Interior first vice-president Jere Lorenz.
“I encourage those who missed this year’s deadline to start thinking about entering next year to showcase their products and services. The awards also encourage builders to stretch themselves and strive to create the best in home building.”
And the winners were:
• Best Single-Family Detached Home, $350,000 to $500,000: WD Wedgewood Developments Inc. for Modern Infill, project partner Motivo Design Group;
• Best Single-Family Detached Home $500,000 to $750,000: MDM Contracting for Hidden Vale Residence;
• Best Single-Family Detached Home, $750,000 to $1,000,000: Gordon Ross Contracting Ltd. for Howard and Morton Home;
• Best Single-Family Detached Home, $1,000,000 to $1,500,000: Granite Developments Inc. for Riverside Residence;
• Best Single-Family Detached Home, $1,500,000 and over: Hodder Construction for Modern Oasis, project partner Motivo Design Group;
• Best Multi-Family Development: A&T Project Developments for Village Walk;
• Best Residential Renovation, $75,000 to $150,000: Motivo Design Group for Happy Wife, Happy Life, project partners DW Builders and 7 Point Millworks;
• Best Residential Renovation, $150,000 to $300,000: MDM Contracting for Hook Road Residence;
• Best Residential Renovation, $300,000 and over: All by Design Inc. for The Royal Reno, project partner Greenhome Design & Construction Ltd.;
• Best Innovative/Special Feature, New or Renovated: DW Builders for Prohibition Wine Cellar;
• Best Landscape, New or Renovated: Powder Ventures Excavating Ltd. for Lookout Ridge retaining wall/hard landscaping;
• Best Outdoor Living Space, New or Renovated: Portfolio Interiors for Dunrobin Place, project partner Thompson Regional Contracting;
• Best Kitchen Design Project under $30,000: Enzo Holdings Ltd. for 2018 Training House, project partners Excel Industries Ltd. and Motivo Design Group;
• Best Kitchen Design Project $30,000 and over: Watermark Custom Built Homes for Shaw Residence, project partners Terry Noel and Top 40 Woodworks;
• Best Interior Design, New or Renovated: All by Design Inc. for The Royal Reno, project partners Greenhome Design and Construction Ltd.;
• Best Housing Design: Motivo Design Group for Modern Infill, project partner WD Wedgewood Developments Inc.;
• Best Marketing Project Website: The Reach for The Reach Website, project partners Coastlines Creative Group and Fresh Inc.;
• Best Customer Service by a CHBA-CI member builder : Wrabel Brothers Construction Ltd.;
• Best Customer Service by a CHBA-CI member non-builder: BDO Canada LLP;
• Best Public/Private Partnership: TRU School of Trades and Technology for 2018 Training House;
• Best Sub-Trade: Beattie Insulation Ltd.;
• Best Supplier: River City Rock Products Ltd.;
• Best Service/Professional: TRUE Consulting and TRUE Land Surveying;
• Customer Choice Award (three to five homes): Launch Construction Ltd.