Firefighters appear to have a house fire in North Kamloops under control.
A home at 620 Brentwood Ave. went up in flames Saturday evening, with multiple fire trucks, police and paramedics responding to the scene.
Firefighters were still dousing the blue home with waterlines at both the front and back of the house as of about 9:00 p.m. The majority of the damage appeared to have occurred to the home's west and back ends.
Neighbours Tiffany and Pat Ferrigan, who live on Brentwood, three doors down from the burned home, were in their backyard when, at about 8:00 p.m., they heard the fire erupt.
Pat called 911 and began banging on each neighbour's door, between his and the burning home, to alert them to the flames.
Tiffany said she began screaming "fire" and "help" to alert the neighbours and couldn't believe how quickly the fire spread.
She said all the shrubs and the entire backyard of the home appeared to be in flames.
At this time there are no apparent injuries from the fire.
The Ferrigan's said about four or five people total, from the home that caught fire to their next door neighbour, appeared to exit their houses safely.
One of those neighbours was Miles Campbell.
"[It was] pretty scary," he said of the fire.
Campbell lives at 626 Brentwood Ave. — next to the burned home — and said the fire damaged his garage.
"The neighbour's place, their carport's gone and it's still smouldering. It's pretty catastrophic damage, I think," Campbell said.
Campbell said he was watching T.V. when he heard a neighbour banging on his door alerting him to the fire. He and two other people in the house grabbed their pets and left.
Tiffany said the fire department seemed to arrive in about five minutes.
A large plume of black and grey smoke could be seen billowing over the Fortune Drive area just after 8 p.m. with multiple onlookers filling the residential streets near the fire which produced bright orange flames.
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire.
This is the second house fire in Kamloops in as many days. On Friday a house at the corner of Columbia Street and 12th Avenue went up in flames.