Kamloops firefighters managed to contain a fire to one suite in the Travelodge motel in Aberdeen on Thursday (Jan. 30) morning.
Crews were called to the motel at 1225 Rogers Way at about 8:30 a.m. as smoke poured out of the unit.
By 9 a.m., firefighters had the situation under control.
Kamloops Fire Rescue platoon Capt. Wade Lindoff said the blaze was contained to one suite, noting there were no injuries.
“It was gutted, but there was no extension to adjacent suites on each side or above,” he said, adding he heard from the hotel’s manager that there was no one inside the suite when fire crews arrived.
The Kamloops RCMP and Kamloops Fire Rescue’s fire prevention office are working to determine a the cause.