The front counters at the Kamloops RCMP’s Battle Street detachment downtown and North Shore Community Policing Office on Seventh Street will remain open amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, police are asking those wishing to visit to first call 250-828-3000 before visiting in person.
In addition, police are asking those needing to get fingerprinted for civil purposes to postpone visiting the detachment or community policing office unless it is an urgent request.
The public is also reminded they can use the RCMP’s online reporting tool to report crimes in which there are no suspects or witnesses and no police presence is required. That online tool can be found at https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/kamloops.
The following crimes can be reported online:
• Damage/mischief to property under $5,000
• Damage/mischief to a vehicle under $5,000
• Hit and run to an unoccupied vehicle or property
• Theft of bicycle under $5,000
• Theft under $5,000
• Theft from vehicle under $5,000
• Lost property
However, when reporting those crimes, there must not be:
• Any witnesses or suspects
• Any items lost or stolen over $5,000
• Any damages over $5,000
• Items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals