Mother dead, child in critical condition after carbon monoxide poisoning at Sandy Point Campground

The woman was found unresponsive inside her tent at Shuswap site and the youth was taken via air ambulance to hospital

One woman is dead and a child is in critical condition after what appears to have been a carbon monoxide poisoning at Sandy Point Campground Saturday morning.

B.C. RCMP Cpl. Chris Manseau confirmed to Black Press that the woman was found inside her tent, and that the poisoning is believed to be linked to a stove burning inside the tent.

article continues below

Emergency crews were called to the scene just after 10 a.m.

BC Emergency Health Services confirmed that the child was taken by air ambulance to hospital at about noon.

© Kamloops This Week

 


KTW Daily News Alerts
KAMLOOPS WEATHER

Question of the Week POLL

What is your Santa Claus Parade preference when it comes to the day and time the event is held?

or  view results

Popular Kamloops This Week

Events Calendar