It’s a ruff job, but somebody has to do it.
Kamloops firefighters are being lauded by a family after their pet dog became stuck in a couch. A call to the department led to a quick rescue on Wednesday night (March 24).
“We don’t rescue cats out of trees anymore, but we do occasionally rescue dogs out of reclining couches!” KFR posted in its Facebook page.
It turns out crews were called when the family dog, Bean, got her head stuck in the reclining part of the couch.
After firefighters worked to free Bean — who was uninjured — the family posted its gratitude online:
“Really thankful for the Kamloops Fire Rescue team tonight. My dog Bean managed to get her neck trapped underneath and between the reclining framework of our couch. She was trapped and Kent and I couldn't move the couch without hurting her. I called the Fire Department and within a few minutes a team of them showed up and dismantled the couch to get her out. They were really calm and really cared about Bean's safety. We are very thankful for a great crew in this city.”