The Thompson-Nicola Regional District has released a report on director and committee member remuneration and expenses in 2019.
It shows that 40 regular and alternative board members took home a total of $607,000 in pay, with an additional $192,000 in expenses.
TNRD board chair Ken Gillis was paid $50,200 and had $23,4000 in expenses. Kamloops Mayor Ken Christian was paid $17,700 and had $1,500 in expenses. That TNRD board salary is in addition to Christian’s mayoral salary from the City of Kamloops.
In addition, Kamloops councillors who sit on the TNRD board earned:
• Dale Bass: $15,200 in salary, with $500 in expenses;
• Dieter Dudy: $15,700 in salary, with $4,600 in expenses;
• Mike O’Reilly: $15,400 in salary, with $4,300 in expenses;
• Kathy Sinclair: $15,000 in salary, with $500 in expenses;
• Arjun Singh: $13,100 in salary, with $400 in expenses;
• Denis Walsh (alternate): $1,000 in salary, with no expenses;
• Sadie Hunter (alternate): $500 in salary, with no expenses.
TNRD vice-chair Bill Kershaw was paid $37,600, with $17,000 in expenses. Merritt Mayor Linda Brown was paid $17,100, with $3,600 in expenses. Clearwater Mayor Merlin Blackwell was paid $17,100, with $3,000 in expenses.
Kamloops This Week has requested a breakdown of the expenses, as only the totals for each director were available in the report.
To view the report in its entirety, including a director-by-director breakdown of remuneration and expense totals, go online here: https://tnrd.civicweb.net/FileStorage/D0380AD956434095AE0DBD5463333F1A-Director%20and%20Committee%20Member%20Remuneration%20and%20Exp.pdf.