The Kamloops Classics’ Swim Club had seven swimmers compete at the Speedo Far Western Swimming Championships in San Francisco from July 28 to July 31.
There were 1,300 swimmers from 111 teams in Canada and the U.S., including the Mexican National Age Group Team.
The Classics had six of their seven swimmers achieve top 10 placings at the meet. Overall, the Classics placed 15th in the team championships.
The Kamloops club had a 13 top three finishes, winning seven gold, four silver and two bronze medals.
Classic’ results included:
• Lola Cameron (12) in the 11-12-year-old girls placed 11th in the 400m and 800m freestyles, 19th in the 400m individual medley and 31st in the 200m IM.
• Jack Cameron (18) in the 15-18-year-old boys age group won gold in the 100m and 200m fly events, bagged bronze in the 200m and 400m freestyle events, placed seventh in the 200m IM, ninth in the 100m free and 13th in the 50m free.
• Max Angove (17) in the 15-18-year-old boys age group won gold in the 1,500m free, snared silver in the 800m free, placed fourth in the 400m IM and 400m free, finished 19th in the 100m free, placed 15th in the 200m free and finished 22nd in the 50m free.
• Parker Cameron (16) in the 15-18-year-old boys age group won silver medals in the 200m backstroke, 400m IM and 1,500m free, placed fourth in the 200m IM, finished seventh in the 100m back, placed 12th in the 200m fly and slotted in at 23rd in the 100m fly.
• Ryder Litke (16) in the 15-18-year-old boys age group placed fourth in the 200m breaststroke, finished eighth in the 100m breaststroke, placed 12th in the 400m IM, came in 35th in the 50m free and placed 46th in the 100m fly.
• Julie Moore (18) in the 15-and-over girls won gold in the 50m free, placed sixth in the 100m breaststroke, finished eighth in the 100m free and placed 11th in the 100m fly.
• Sela Wist (18) in the 15-and-over girls won gold in the 100m and 200m backstroke events and the 100m fly. She also placed eighth in the 200m IM, finished 16th in the 50m free and clocked in at 20th in the 100m free.